Monday 28 January 2013

Bobby Glam Hair Extensions - Review

My hair doesn't grow.





 It's always stuck at this awkward length!

To be fair, with all the colouring, blow drying and straightening I put it through, i'm surprised i'm not bald, but still, it doesn't grow. And that's my problem. For as long as I can remember, I have craved the feeling of hair I can swish around, but always felt that extensions were only things that people with far superior beauty skills could pull off.


After reading a post from Jen at Little Bird Fashion, and seeing how good her extensions looked, I decided to bite the bullet, and treat myself to a little present after finishing January exams. 

For some reason, the next day shipping was free for my order, I don't know if this was a glitch, as it wasn't advertised, but Bobby Glam honoured it, and my extensions were promptly dispatched and arrived at 11am the next morning!

I decided to go for these, a full head set of triple weft extensions. Triple weft refers to the thickness, and as you can see, there is a lot of hair on each piece. 




I was a little worried about the colour matching, as I couldn't seem to pin myself down to any of the shades in their colour chart. However, I decided to just wing it and went with "California Highlights".
Included in my package was a little test weft, which allows you to match the colour of one small extension piece against your real hair, which allows you to return the pack to Bobby Glam for an exchange if needed. This made me more inclined to purchase, as £90 is a lot of money to throw away if I wasn't completely happy! 


                               

Luckily, the hair turned out to be an amazing match, seriously, you would think I had dyed both my real hair and the extensions with the same colour it was so good! 
I had read up on how to put them in, watching far too many YouTube tutorials instead of revising, so felt quite confident just opening them up and going for it.
Let me just say that I am not a hair genius! I can barely put my hair up into a decent ponytail, so I was wondering how I would get on with these, but they are honestly so easy once you know how!

As the website says, the pack consists of 7 pieces, which you clip in to create the all over coverage. 
The hair is Remy hair, and feels gorgeous to the touch. It's soft, but has the perfect texture to blend in with real hair, without looking *too* perfect.





Voila! The finished result, which I was more than happy with! 
It is a small matter of trial and error, but I found it very easy to adjust to your own head, to work out where the clips are best placed. 
I curled mine, as I felt it helped them blend better, and they held it really well all day.

I love my new hair, and can only hope, with the proper care, they last the year that Bobby Glam claim they can, they are amazing! 



Happy with my gorgeous new hair! 


3 comments:

  1. They look amazing x

    check out my cath kidston giveaway 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your blog :) we can follow eachother if you want :) x
    handpickedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Human hair extensions often carry the term “Remy hair”. This term has taken many different meanings. Indian Remy Hair extensions are the most popular type of virgin remy hair weave. It is spelled Remy (most popular) or Remi.
    1st thought:
    Virgin Indian hair uses the term “Remy” to refer to hair that has been prepared with all cuticles intact and aligned, pointing downward. This is preferred to prevent tangles and allow Virgin Remy hair wearers the flexibility of being able to treat the hair exactly as they would their own. Indian hair without a cuticle cannot be heated, colored, relaxed, etc…
    Virgin Indian remy hair, such as that which Wondepot Extensions sells, is revered as the pinnacle of human hair extensions. The industry standard for hair extensions, which you will find in most hair stores, is to boil off the cuticle, soak the hair in acid, then bleach it, color it, and dip it in silicone. The hair is boiled and dipped in acid to disinfect it. This makes it easier for factories to mass produce hair without having to take time to wash each bundle by hand, as Wondepot does. The hair is then bleached to the lightest possible shade and then color is redeposited. Finally, the hair is dipped in silicone to disguise the immense damage that has been done to each strand. The silicone gives the hair a silky finished appearance that wears down quickly, especially if introduced to shampoo or water! Virgin Indian Remy hair treatment is far more gentle than the process described above.
    Virgin Remy human hair is hand washed to disinfect it. Then it is sorted through to remove short, inverted and gray strands. The Virgin Indian quality is maintained by hand preparing the hair in every step.
    2nd thought:
    Some believe that “Remi” in Indian Remi hair is short for the word “remit” which refers to the process in which Indian women and men “remit” their hair to the gods as a thanks or sacrifice.
    3rd thought:
    Others believe that the term Virgin “Remy” hair or Indian Remy hair is hair that has been gently processed, unlike Virgin hair which is completely unprocessed. The benefit hair that has been gently processes is that the wearer receives a more finished product, as opposed to raw virgin hair. The benefit for true virgin hair is that it is completely unprocessed and therefore the most healthy and versatile.
    4th thought:
    It is also thought that sellers call hair “Remi” instead of “remy” only when it is not true remy (live aligned cuticle) hair.
    Wondepot offers truly virgin Indian Remy hair. Our Virgin Remy human hair is completely unprocessed, and has been carefully prepared by hand to create a finished product that will last a long time if properly cared for.Oder cheap hair extensions with high quality now,many discounts.

    ReplyDelete